Monday, May 17, 2010

Songs for Grieving

It's been more than 3 months now since Sarah left us and just over 2 since Isaiah arrived on the scene. In the midst of all this coming and going of children, I've got a new little one growing inside of me. The effect of all of this (on top of major morning sickness that is still continuing into my second trimester) has been a season of change and grieving for me. To be honest, it's been one of the darkest and most painful times of my life, despite the joys in the midst of the pain.

Lately, I've been searching for music to help me express and release all the difficult feelings. For anyone else who has struggled with the loss of a child or the challenges of parenting a child who has been through major trauma, I thought I would share some of the gems I have found...

Glory Baby (Waterdeep) and I Will Rise (???) from a YouTube video created by a family when their 12-year-old son passed away:



Worth It All (Rita Springer):



Face of Time (Jason Upton):



Deeper Still (Dave Wilcox):




No comments: